Total Pageviews

Monday, January 2, 2012


When asked, "Why then do you baptize?

John answered them,
"I baptize with water;
but there is one among you whom you do not recognize,
the one who is coming after me,
whose sandal strap I am not worthy to untie."

I envy John who had first hand knowledge of Jesus. Despite living 2000 years after he walked the earth, I still feel that I can and do have a personal relationship with Jesus, just not on that level as John did. John spoke with conviction, without concern about his own personal effect. In addition he spoke with irony, as Jesus was humble and sought to serve others, not to be treated with royal decorum.

In my journey to know and relate to Jesus, I discovered after seeking advice of people who know, that all I had to do was talk to Jesus. These simple prayers have been a great reinforcement for my Christian development. In turn, I feel that I have been amply welcomed into the Kingdom, insofar as we experience it here on earth with Jesus and the Father.

I am reasonably confident that I am at still a very preliminary stage of knowing Christ. He is patient, and asks more of me when I make movements toward him. More of an effort to know the Word of God. More of an effort to witness his faith, and to develop my ways of the world that show that Jesus is Lord, that he is in my life and that I am standing up to show his glory.

May I listen to Jesus who gently urges all of us to follow him. He does not show his bodily form. Instead, he blesses our brothers and sisters and ourselves and asks us to celebrate his Kingdom here and now. I pledge to listen closer to the call and to call you and together we will journey toward Christ and his Kingdom. What could be a greater purpose for today and for the rest of all time!

Jesus you call me to serve you each day in my daily life which has many ordinary qualities and many which are extraordinary. May I be blessed to listen to you and to experience what John the Baptist did when he replied in the above quoted scripture. Those who heard John most certainly experienced his strong first hand brand of faith in Christ. May I show a fraction of this same enthusiasm, faith and good will in my life for your glory. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment