Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Corpus Christi


Corpus Christi

These words reverence the body of Christ and the celebration is an annual event on a Sunday. I can remember once or twice participating in a Corpus Christi Procession. This was certainly in the 1960's or 1970's and they are no longer present in our community, to my knowledge. In Louisville, this event was, of all places, at Churchill Downs, a horse racing facility that is very famous.

Corpus Christi is also the Sunday when the beautiful Mozart choir piece, Ave Verum Corpus, is sung by our choir. This Sunday was no exception and they did a very nice job. There is a beautiful recording you can download, I think for $0.99, from Amazon.com
that I made a small "movie" using Windows movie maker. I just added a slide show of religious themed pictures from Google Images.

I read and meditated on the first reading of Mass, which was from Exodus.

The day was also marked by Vespers celebrated by our priest, Father Jack, who is leaving. Good luck for your future endeavors and let's keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment