Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Simplify




This post is related to the prior post of a simple prayer. I think there are many times when I need to remember to simplify things. I've scheduled too many things to do in the same day. I have clutter in the house and yard. I have been too busy and omitted something that was truly valuable or a priority. These happen too much and, although it is not really pointed out to me, I can recognize it myself.

So how does one start to simplify ones life especially when the obligations are pretty heavy? I am not really doing "what I want" from sunrise to dark. The answer is simple in itself: prioritize. I have to write down whatever optional reading, meetings, phone calls, or outings that I could do in a day. I have to select them with the greatest care. I have to use a standard that is holy, grown up, and powerful. Holiness is a theme in a book I am trying to finish, and soon will write the book review.

My prayer for greater stamina and needed changes in my life has been answered. The answer has been both a blessing and a great obligation. It is something that I have anticipated and the purpose of this blog is largely to help focus my attention to these tasks. I think I'll keep it as simple and straightforward as I can.

Dear Father in heaven, I thank you for the many blessings that you have bestowed upon me, my family, and the many people I am fortunate to have in my life. I honor your abundant love and protection which are your gifts that have truly given the greatest witness of your presence. Let me begin to shine forth more generously so that I might feed my brothers and sisters when they are particularly in need. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment