Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Light, cannot be turned off

There is a book and music exchange on Bardstown Road, here in Louisville KY. That is actually the name of the establishment, and when I walked past it on this rainy Easter morning with our dog Elsa, the open sign was still illuminated. Across it was a printout which stated the following:

"For the time being, the open sign cannot be turned off. Our hours of operation are 9:00 am to 9:00 pm, and 10:00 am to 6:00 pm on Sundays. Thank you for your understanding."

Well, I do realize that this is an opportunity to draw some parallels with this blog. I have not really shared it with many people, or given anyone else the opportunity to read, respond, or reject. I may be fearful of trying this. My open sign is not lit, much less stuck in the turned on position.

I have to think about what the old spiritual song 's words say: This little light of mine, I'm a gonna let it shine" Happy Easter to all. And I believe that Jesus Christ "Rose on the third day, in fulfillment of the scriptures, and sits at the right hand of the Father."






No comments:

Post a Comment