Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Forgiveness


Kim Phuc Phan Thi and others, 1972. Her story of forgiveness is included in the eBook, "Why Forgive?"


Forgiveness. In the past week I've reviewed this topic and am beginning to see the ways that God's grace provides this blessing. The book "Why Forgive?" is now a free ebook. Get it! It can illustrate the many ways that allowing forgiveness can help heal our brothers and sisters, as well as our own hearts.

Have I ever been wronged? Have I ever done a wrong? I need not ask this question since I am human and a sinner. The better question is, how have I responded to the challenge that forgiveness makes? I am blessed by the many who have gone before me and forged the way. The first was Jesus Christ himself who forgave us and showed us the way. The Lord's Prayer mentions forgiveness. In Matthew 18:21-22, Jesus explains forgiveness when Peter asked about this:

21 Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” 22 Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy-seven times.

My audio blog for this week discusses forgiveness in a hopefully entertaining format. I invite you to link up to the
live shoutcast or listen to the archive (available about 24 hrs after). Follow the link below. God bless you! Thank God He has forgiven us and may we follow Christ's teaching and allow the grace of forgiveness to enter our hearts and be an example to others. Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment