Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Humility



I recently purchased an e-book with an out of print volume titled "Humility" by Andrew Murray. This was written before 1900. The reviews from online readers were very good. It is not a Catholic book, but I've read about 1/2 the book which is short enough to read in one sitting.

I agree with the reviewers and I think it will stand as one of the more influential books I'll read this year. You can download it free from the link below (in multiple different formats) or a Kindle version for $0.99.

Humility, free versions

Humility by Andrew Murray, for Kindle for PC @$0.99

In the spirit of the intention of the book, I will not glorify the book, or try to give an example of its high worth and my esteem for it. Suffice it to say that Jesus calls us to be humble and did so by instruction as well as, most importantly, by example, and we could spend a lifetime trying to achieve a fraction of what we are called to do in this respect. Humility is not self-hatred, though. We do our very best, love our brothers and sisters, and love ourselves and most of all love God. I recommend you read this book and let me know what you think!

Matt F

No comments:

Post a Comment