Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 5, 2011

What it's like to have an answered prayer

. Photograph from mybapc.com.

I am blessed, and I can see that every day. My prayer requests often center around changes I would like to have in my personal life. These are peacefulness, productivity, and better interpersonal relations for example. I am praying for my own happiness it would seem, like many of us probably do. Some of the wishes I have seem simple on the surface but the complexity comes from observing the process of change within my own life.

For example, when my prayers for transformation of spirit are answered, new challenges emerge. I may be able to communicate more clearly, but then I have a new agenda of things to say, meaningful things that don't hopefully center on me or my own comfort and fulfillment. I have an improved vision to see the needs of others and my need to help them get their needs met.

I may be blessed with more stamina and endurance. Then I have the new capabilities to serve in a greater way. Another blessing is that this is often my fulfillment, I have humbly observed. I pray that God opens my eyes, my heart, and my spirit to acceptance of his teachings and revelation and that I may be an instrument of his peace.

Now "Go forth into all the world, and preach the gospel to all creation." Mark 16:15

No comments:

Post a Comment